Re: Dreamweaver != NetObjects Fusion

Author:John Dowdell
Posted:1/5/2000; 7:57:54 PM
Topic:Dreamweaver != NetObjects Fusion

Thanks for the nod, Sam... helps keep me in burritos, and that's greatly appreciated... but I can see Jimmy's point in the article. Dreamweaver is useful for creating things you can look at, and even things that do a little bit of responding to you, but I want a servant -- I want to go to places that can do things for me, that remember what I like and anticipate my desires based on what other people like -- and Dreamweaver in itself doesn't yet address that sphere.

(Going back a ways, it's sort of like the difference between a QuickPICS file and a HyperCard stack... one you look at, one responds to you... HTML development right now is still more focused on creating static things than invoking interactive experiences, memory, and human anticipation.)

Maybe I read the article from an angle awry, but it almost seemed like a validation for what's going on here at this site, with Frontier and content systems and user-editability and all. Dreamweaver has some front-end interactivity, but it doesn't offer the back-end interactivity that will be so cool. Does this take seem valid to you, too...?

Regards,
John Dowdell
Macormedia Tech Support