Re: Rant

Author:Scott Burton
Posted:1/7/2000; 10:23:05 AM
Topic:HTML Renderer in the MacOS

But the biggest thing about iTools, vs previous MS attempts, is that iTools are not features that you cannot get elsewhere Lot's of free e-mail sites. Lots of free disk space sites. Lots of free home page sites. Apple spending money of approved content is good for it's markets, but I bet the site list is licensed. Kidsafe probably just sets tc/ip to a proxy server. Easily changed.

See, you just answered your question about the reason for iTools. There are lots of "places" for free email etc. iTools is ONE place for all of those things. Plus, can you mount your free disk space on your desktop at one of those free disk space sites? I think not.