Re: Now it makes more sense

Author:Robert Cassidy
Posted:1/7/2000; 9:32:03 PM
Topic:Now it makes more sense

Because a link in a web browser assumes that I went to a web page to find that link. This happens without a browser.

Hypothetically, I could tell Apple that I would like them to put an alias to all new updaters and trial software on my desktop whenever they come out. Every time they add something when my iDisk is mounted (and this happens dynamically - no reloading of things, no restart, no logging in, etc.) it shows on my desktop and I can double-click it.

No browser. No web pages. No internet protocols. No taking up space on my hard drive by having to download it. It just shows up and I just run it like any other app. It's no differerent than if I gave Steve Jobs the password to my computer and he logs in and puts the alias on my desktop himself.