Re: Audio Feedback

Author:Sam Yates
Posted:1/10/2000; 2:15:45 PM
Topic:A feature coming in MSIE

First off, at least you can actually use the 5.5 beta (it just sucks up all my CPU time as soon as I try to run it after installation).

But as far as the audio goes, you should be able to configure that (unless they really changed stuff in 5.5). I turned mine off completely after getting tired of the "click, thunk, click, thunk" sound.

If you go to "Sounds" in the Windows control panel and scroll through the "Events" list, you should find a section for "Windows Explorer."

The click-on-the-link sound should be called "Start Navigation" and the page-shows-up sound should be "Complete Navigation." I can't remember the names of the .wav files that make the little clicking sounds, but it sounds like they just switched them around or something, so you should be able to just swap them or whatever. Or download a clip of the guy from Princess Bride going "As you wish" and use that or something. :)