interesting new kind of web app sites

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:1/12/2000; 5:17:25 PM
Topic:interesting new kind of web app sites

There seems to be a new trend in web "application" site which use human power instead of machine power - for say search engines or "tech support".

I've found two site which are sort of like epinions+ebay put together where you ask a question, place a target price on the answer, and other folks on the net offer to answer your question for that price (or more or less).

http://www.exp.com http://inforocket.com

I've seen other "search sites" where you give them a topic and "real humans" find the answer. I wonder how a manila site might be built around something like this.