Re: Manila on Linux

Author:--
Posted:1/12/2000; 7:31:55 PM
Topic:Manila on Linux

I think that's because it runs on WINE. I wonder if this will be how "Frontier" got ported to Linux. If so, I admit that I am quite disappointed because it's very "UN-LINUX". So far, almost everything that I can find for Intel-Linux can be recompiled and run on my PowerPC Linux.

Another thing is, from what I understand, WINE allows Windows apps to run on Linux by providing a Windows-emulator to Linux, if so, why bother running Frontier on a Linux box instead of running it on Windows natively.