Some nominations

Author:Karl Martino
Posted:1/16/2000; 12:56:25 PM
Topic:100 websites that will change the world

Nomination - The Drudge Report http://www.drudgereport.com

I hate to say this, but this one site, this one man, has completely shaken the news reporting establishment. I really dislike this guy. Yet I have to respect what he has done. His site has had a real effect in the flesh and blood world.

Nomination - The WWW Virtual Library http://www.vlib.org/

From what I can remember, this is the very first 'portal' on the web. Showed there was worth in linking outward to other sites. It looked like Yahoo! way before Yahoo! (at least I think so...).

Nomination - Justin Hall's Links from the Underground http://www.justin.org

Well, it used to be titled that! This site was and remains one of the most popular 'diary' sites on the web. His site now resembles a weblog! He devulged everything personal on his site. Kinda like a Howard Stern of the web. And his links! I used to go there just for his finds back in 96. A huge inspiration. He may have been the first online journalist.

Hmmmm... I think I made a booboo here. It's titled 'will change the world' not 'have changed the world'. Hindsight is so much easier! Oh well....