Re: Is this a revolutionary site?

Author:Phil Wolff
Posted:1/17/2000; 12:11:42 PM
Topic:100 websites that will change the world

I love it. Ads/It feels like a fresh, clean, big sheet of white paper posted in a hallway with folks writing on it as they walk by.

Also reminds me of the human categorization services of Yahoo!, the Netscape Open Directory or the Go Network, without any moderation. Self policing may work for the first few thousand, but at 100,000 or a million web sites, does self-categorization work well? I mean, how useful will it be to have everyone a member of the "weblog" category? (although only 7 have signed up for weblog or weblogs).