Re: 100 websites (Women)

Author:Phil Wolff
Posted:1/17/2000; 1:39:45 PM
Topic:100 websites that will change the world

Re: 100 websites that will change the world...

I believe that having the gender mix of the web reflect the gender mix of real life is important and will change things on the net. I know of occupations where companies I've worked for have hired women because they would handle intense pressure, many distractions, lots of change, at low wages. I'll leave it to others to catalog the ways we differ, but to the extent that women communicate more often, differently, or better than men, they've found their medium.

http://www.iVillage.com http://www.oxygen.com http://www.women.com

The technology and cultural barriers have fallen and now it is strictly the combination of economic class and telecom pricing that govern net access. See http://www.nua.com/ for more stats.