xmlonthemac.com seeking comments

Author:Ross Karchner
Posted:1/18/2000; 8:44:13 AM
Topic:xmlonthemac.com seeking comments

Hello everyone...

I working on creating a site about XML resources and tools for mac users. feel free to look at what I have so far: http://www.xmlonthemac.com .

One thing that has been brought up in another forum is that "xmlonthemac" might be unnescessary, redundant, or misrepresentative, but I think it could be a useful resource. Based on those comments, I created a sort of "mission statement:" xmlonthemac was created as a resource for Mac users interested in XML. I believe that it fills gaps in the Macintosh and XML press:

A) In a product that does XML in addition to other things, reviews in the Mac press will focus mostly on the other things. A good example is Macromedia Dreamweaver. xmlonthemac.com wants to cover the XML-specific features.

B) General XML sites understandably don't cover Macintosh products that much (compared to MacOS products, there is much more to cover in Windows, Linux, Java, etc. Consider it noted that there is a passable Java runtime on the Macintosh). xmlonthemac wishes to be the place to find reviews and information for those mac products.

I honestly think that the Mac platform has been left behind as far as bringing XML to actual users. I doubt the existence of a web site can really change that, but I think a clearinghouse for information and news specific to the Macintosh and XML would be a step in the right direction.