iSyndicate and JavaScript

Author:Phil Wolff
Posted:1/19/2000; 1:11:24 PM
Topic:iSyndicate and JavaScript

I tried and implemented iSyndicate Express. Worked!

Can we get a feature for doing the includes on the server instead of the client? Macro? {includeAfile "http://domain.com/filename.htm"}.

A surprisingly large number of browsers have JavaScript turned off or are too old to support a current version. Moving content-includes to the server-side renderer speeds client side delivery (fewer http calls from the browser over slow connections). So we would have a faster, more available service.

Downside: more traffic through your server. Upside: network caching should address much of that and you also get more accurate and complete service usage statistics.