manila from a biological perspective...

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:1/22/2000; 2:41:27 PM
Topic:manila from a biological perspective...

I tend to think of things from a biological/ecological perspective - meaning that I tend to think of things like websites or "ideas" as if they were animals in some sort of "environment", where more fit animals thrive and lesser fit ones do not.

I mention this because I was thinking about how Frontier was sort of like a fish struggling in a crowded pond with other fish, but now that it has acquired a new "mutation" (editthispage.com sites) it sort of has gained the ability to sort of flop around on land a bit. And that gives it a whole new landscape to begin to explore.

I like that Dave and others are thinking of even newer "mutations" like Pike and SVG - because I think as Frontier/manila "evolves" - it gets ahead of the pack, as well as being in a unique postition as sort of the first "animal" in a new enviroment - sort of like how in Australia, marsupials took over since they were either there first or they were able to quickly overcome the other early-comers.

Ah - I rant -

Back to sorting laundry...