Re: Flash in Manilla?

Author:John Dowdell
Posted:1/23/2000; 8:37:26 AM
Topic:Flash in Manilla?

I'd be surprised if the two were directly competitive... the "Project Whirlwind" effort is definitely in the enterprise group, rather than in the authoring tool group. From what I've seen it's geared towards specific large clients. Current info is in this press release.

One interesting tidbit in that press release is that the authoring tools will change to integrate with the enterprise-level content management system. This implies that Flash, Director, FreeHand and the rest will find it easier to talk with external systems. I'd expect that this might actually *open* new niches for content management systems which are at scales other than the enterprise level.

Kevin's got the better handle on this though... all I know is what I read in the press releases.... ;-)

Regards,
John Dowdell
Macromedia Tech Support