Re: Sen. Hatch, a presidential candidate, threatens free speech

Author:Dori Smith
Posted:2/2/2000; 10:39:55 PM
Topic:Sen. Hatch, a presidential candidate, threatens free speech

Firstly, Hatch isn't a presidential candidate. He withdrew from the race a few weeks ago.

Secondly, this looks like just another election year ploy for candidates to show themselves as being tough on drugs. Ho hum. Thankfully, the courts have been good about quickly blocking these inane laws.

And lastly, I'm more worried that (so far as I understand), every candidate is in favor of a ban on online speech about sex. Did any of the current crop of presidential candidates that came out against the CDA?

Dori
Backup Brain