Re: Give Democracy a Chance

Author:Dori Smith

Given this, personally I feel I'd have a difficult time voting for McCain even in a primary, even though I'd rather not have Bush run in the general election.

My attitude is that it's not possible to say you want a little bit less free speech. It's either free or it isn't.

McCain has made it clear (despite the Chron's efforts to bury it) that he uses the word only to describe those specific people who spent years torturing him. Fair enough, imo. Torture is something that's beyond the comprehension of most of us. If he can be in favor of normalizing relations with Vietnam, it shows (to me) that he can separate out his feelings against a few people versus what's good for both countries overall. And that's good enough for me.

Dori
Backup Brain