Re: KDE and DCOP

Author:Dave Winer

In the old MacFrontier days, I loved the Commercial Developers' Suite, because it could create a (rudimentary) glue for any scriptable app. It's nice that modern RPC systems like XML-RPC and DCOP don't strictly require stubs, but sometimes it would be nice to have them.

That's what we just shipped today. A glue table for a scriptable app. No different, except that the app is on the web.

XML-RPC is no different from Apple Events, it's too tacky not to hide with a glue script.

And Don Box is doing the equivalent of 'aete's for web apps.

Big wheel keep on turning.