Re: betty error - POST malformed

Author:John Lim
Posted:2/25/2000; 7:34:10 AM
Topic:betty error - POST malformed

Thanks for the reply, Dave.

I am just calling betty.rpcClient(). Nothing special. One sample script below, which I copied from docserver examples also returned the malformed "http:/localhost/RC2" instead of "/RC2"

local (params = {18, 31, 2, 44});
betty.rpc.client (procedureName:"examples.getStateNames", adrparamlist:@params) //runs on localhost

I traced the call and it went into one of the built-in tcp verbs (I forget which), which adds the HTTP POST headers, so I cannot fix the problem myself.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I am behind a firewall where no DNS is configured, only a HOSTS file. Could that confuse the built-in tcp verbs?

I'm at home now (its nighttime in Malaysia), will go to the office tomorrow and setup DNS to try it out.