Archive of UserLand's first discussion group, started October 5, 1998.
tcp timeout ERROR - root updates
Author: John Lim Posted: 2/27/2000; 6:38:33 PM Topic: tcp timeout ERROR - root updates Msg #: 15287 Prev/Next: 15286 / 15288
I am trying to update my manila and mainresponder roots.
100% of the time, with manila.root, i get the error message:Can't update the root because "Can't read stream because TCP/IP error code 10060 - Connection timed out".
About 80% of the time, I get the same error message when updating mainresponder.root. The remaining 20% of the time,it updates correcting.
Updating Frontier.root always works.
I tried changing user.inetd.prefs.defaultTimeoutSecs from 30 to 120 and also user.inetd.config.http.timeout from 30 to 120.
No luck, it still timeouts after 30 secs. I am outside my firewall, so no proxy server issues here.
Are there any other timeout parameters I can set on my Frontier?
Frontier.root always updates, mainresponder 20% of the time, manila never: could this problem be related to the size of the update?
Could updates.userland.com be the one that's timing out?
Is there a fix?
There are responses to this message:
- Re: tcp timeout ERROR - root updates, Thomas A. Creedon, 2/27/2000; 7:28:55 PM
- Re: tcp timeout ERROR - root updates, Alan German, 2/27/2000; 7:43:46 PM
This page was archived on 6/13/2001; 4:54:25 PM.
© Copyright 1998-2001 UserLand Software, Inc.