Re: Something positive people can do

Author:Dave Winer

A Manila site and a search engine connected to it is all the technology that's needed. Then we'd need a human editor, to take pointers to websites describing products that were released before the USPTO started issuing software patents. The editor would simply link to sites, and the search engine would index those sites.

I would love to see a Zope-based search engine hooked up to Manila. It should be brain-dead easy to do, according to the people at Zope.Org.