Re: The idled workaholic

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:3/5/2000; 4:05:29 AM
Topic:The idled workaholic

I don't dismiss the Times profile of Cuban. I imagine he doesn't like it, but there's so much truth in the story! People toil for money thinking that when they get it their life will improve in some way. However, for most people, they yearn for the old days of *wanting* money. Cuban's experience is not different from most that I've seen, and I've seen a lot of fortunes made in my 20+ years in Silicon Valley.

Things to think about

What would you do if tomorrow morning you woke up and found that you were worth $1 billion? What would you do in the next few days? What would you do for the next 20 years? What would you buy with the money?

What if you had been working all your life to get rich, and then you were? What would you do?

Would you be happy?

Would you keep striving?

What for?

"buddha"