Re: Migration from v5 to v6, Mac

Author:Jeff Imig
Posted:3/9/2000; 1:42:56 PM
Topic:Migration from v5 to v6, Mac

"I'd be interested in hearing about this as well. I've used Frontier 5.0.1 for Windoze to develop a site. Now I want to port this site to my Frontier 6.1 for Mac. The act of trying to open my Win frontier.root causes my Mac-based Frontier 6.1 to crash. What is the procedure for this sort of migration?"

Having moved roots between many Mac versions and Mac machines, aside from setting the filetype properly, I'ld guess you need to up the memory allocation for frontier (I always give it 32MB).

There are probably some serious problems given the change from 5.0.1 to 6.1; I'ld export all the pieces & load them one at a time.