Re: Patent Issued for the Brain

Author:Jonas Beckman
Posted:3/11/2000; 9:29:25 AM
Topic:Patent Issued for the Brain

I agree - this really does take the fun out of it.

I bought The Brain a while ago, because it's such a fascinating concept. But it's just one attempt in an area where many people have had interesting ideas for years. If they follow through and make a great product, fine - but if they don't, they should get out of the way when someone else takes the next step.

There has been no significant updates for a long time, developer support sucks and there are few serious applications in sight. Check out their discussion board - lots of users love the idea, but wonder if the product has been abandoned.

I feel sick when a company brags that their patent "creates a significant barrier to entry for companies considering developing similar technology". They are not even close to doing what they are doing well enough, and maybe they never will - yet they try to stop the rest of the world from competing with better technology.

I am also wondering just how bad their patent is.