Re: SunnySide of: Patent Issued for the Brain

Author:Jonas Beckman
Posted:3/11/2000; 7:18:42 PM
Topic:Patent Issued for the Brain

Well... your theories seems like good theories.

But some investors probably behave like this and eventually some patenters will abuse their patents. I am not concerned about this, I take it for granted. I share your concern that this may stifle innovation. Given the current legal situation (in the States) abuse is a certainty: it's just too easy to get stupid patents.

Should good guys (at least if they have lots of money) try to get patents for defensive purposes? Maybe - there are other ways to attack stupid patents. Should everyone do what they can do to change the current way patents are awarded? Definitely.