Re: Webapps in email, No!

Author:David Valentine
Posted:3/15/2000; 10:18:21 AM
Topic:Webapps quickie

No!

I'm sorry but did I read the firedrop site wrong? A firedrop zaplet sends javascript in an email message?

Just sent one to myself, and damn, unlike news there is no simple way to turn off friggin scripting languages in my mail program. I selected restricted sites, but that the default still allows scripting in HIGH security. Microsoft security, Millitary intelligence, same thing.

I don't mind HTML mail, but I do mind that I can't turn off scripting. Spamming sex sites add javascript to news messages so that they pop up new browser windows that will not close without visiting a site. I reall don't need my mail program allowing for spammers to do the same thing.