Re: Welcome back!

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:3/23/2000; 5:50:32 AM
Topic:Welcome back!

Three things are responsible for performance improvements on ETP:

1. An increase of 200 Mhz in the CPU.

2. An unfragmented hard drive.

3. And I think PacBell upgraded us. I'd bet that our circuit was always misconfigured, and the problem finally got to the point of breakage on Monday.

*Everything* seems faster from my POV, including off-lan accesses. I learned a lot yesterday about the ISP business. Steve is a very smart guy, way overqualified for the work he was doing yesterday, and also quite patient. I asked a lot of questions, and I even understood some of the answers!