Re: wildass development

Author:David Brown

I'm not Cameron, and I don't play him on TV, but I've been trying to get Pike to work with Zope. Right now I'm trying to decide between making Zope look like Manila, or whether there should be a different XML-RPC interface to Zope, since Pike and Manila are pretty intimately joined.

I was also blown away by the implications of making Python run inside of Frontier, and then perhaps Zope running inside Frontier's ODB. I also find the possibility of Manila and Zope sharing deep structure very fascinating.

I hope that the price point is such that people like me, who are squeezing time to work on Pike stuff outside of my normal work activities, can actually justify the expense. I believe that the price for Frontier (+Manila) is more than fair for what it gives you. But I just can't spend that much on something I'm not getting paid to work on.

dave