Syntax [Was: Let's talk about macros]

Author:Christoph Berendes
Posted:4/3/2000; 3:19:46 PM
Topic:Let's talk about macros

Part of the fear has to be that macros get you into the world of grammar and programming syntax. (I know the following from "straight" Frontier, but the general case applies to weblogs/manila).

{clock.now()} works

{clock.now} gets you something Entirely Different

Explaining why to a non-programmer/coder is like explaining IRS regulations.

And how does one explain the difference between shortcuts/gloss entries and macros?

Could one do a Macro wizard -- similar to the Functions wizard in Excel that prompts me through the various arguments to IRR() or INDEX()?