Developing Netscape 6 Sidebar?

Author:Mark Kennedy
Posted:4/5/2000; 7:32:07 AM
Topic:Developing Netscape 6 Sidebar?

Hey folks!

I downloaded the NN6 Preview release today (am writing in it as we speak) and was intrigued by the sidebar. There's some text in their "Learn More" section that says:

Web developers: If you want to offer a My Sidebar Tab for your own content, see the instructions in the Sidebar Developer's Guide.

I followed the link, followed another link, and looked around. I did a search in their DevEdge area, and can't find a thing about developing a custom sidebar. I was hoping that there would be some way to leverage RSS files to build a sidebar, but the lack of documentation is frustrating.

Has anyone else found the Netscape sidebar documentation? Does it leverage RSS? If so, I'd love to find out more about it.

Thanks!

Mark Kennedy