Re: Pac-Bell

Author:Lantz Rowland

Thank you very much for the Track-PacBell page. It has been a great sanity check to be able to determine when the issue is there as opposed to on my end.

In one of the..., pauses last night, I went to see how PacBell has been doing in the Matrix Internet Quality (MIQ) ratings [1] which I have used in the past for packet loss stats. I am not sure how PacBell did; I got sidetracked by the ATT statistics, especially in comparison to the statistics for the MindSpring IP we use. The current Monthly rating for ATT shows a latency (US) stat of 61ms and packet loss at .5% which is sweet. That also tracks with ATT's own report of their Packet Loss statistics [2] versus their service levels.

Then I got to thinking [which is dangerous], perhaps you and Userland would enjoy talking about the PacBell issue and the $2,000,000,000 investment [3] with management of the ATT IP Access group [4].

Lantz