Re: Skins == Bad?

Author:Dave Winer

Yeah, the point is subtle, so it's easy to miss.

The default skin, the one that ships with NS6, is the one that 99.9 percent of the people will use.

All thinking related to skins must reflect this.

BTW, if it's otherwise, and NS6 gains significant market share (not a guaranteed thing), a documentation nightmare would result from anything other than a consensus skin.

I've also told the NS people, the ones that I've talked to so far, that they should make the default skin emulate either: Netscape 4, or MSIE5. A tough choice. Lots of arguments on either side. If I were calling this shot, I'd go for MSIE5, and make the new browser very comfortable to MSIE users. This would be good for the Internet too, btw. One set of consistent terminology. No difference between Favorites and Bookmarks to explain.