Re: Skins == Bad?

Author:David Brown

The default skin, the one that ships with NS6, is the one that 99.9 percent of the people will use.

All thinking related to skins must reflect this.

Okay, I think I'm getting closer to understanding your point.

Is this similar to the Mac's User Interface Guidelines? If so, then I'm 100% in your camp.

Does this mean that it should be tough to deviate from the basic model? Like with Manila -- you can change EVERYTHING if you want to, but it's far easier to leave most of the elements the same and just tweak colors and maybe a little bit of layout.

Could this be done by providing an easily useable XUL framework? Sort of like MacApp and the like.