Re: First Amendment

Author:Len MacDonell
Posted:4/13/2000; 11:25:16 AM
Topic:First Amendment

Dave,

Having founded and run an ISP for several years, I have to say that I think you have a rather naive perspective on how your connection works. It is fairly evident that the problems you've been experiencing are due to PacBell. Conxion has little to no control over them. Unfortuneately that's the way it is! Blame Al Gore. What you are doing would be much like trying to hold LEXUS responsible for defective tires on their cars because you were sliding out of control during ice storms.

You are unfairly holding Conxion responsible and using your editorial power to slander a company which is probably one of the best ISP's in the industry. Note that I have no affiliation with them whatsoever, I'm not even a customer.

It seems to be in the best business interests of Conxion to terminate business with you if you won't even acknowledge where the problem is. I know I sent you solid sound advice on how to get much better service and apparently you paid no attention to it, at least there was no response that I'm aware of.

Now you are turning it around and crying First Amendent issue. This is the most irrational thing you've done in the years that I've enjoyed reading from your email and website. I would think that you might stop and rethink the issue and even though this is a most frustrating experience and figure out where YOU want to take it and what the results you'll get might be.

Why don't you use some of your clout to try and fix PacBell??

Len