First Amendment

Author:Jeff Shelton
Posted:4/13/2000; 8:04:48 AM
Topic:First Amendment

Just a small nitpick...

If I remember my Civics lessons correctly, the First Amendment restricts the federal government from interfering with free speech. It places no such restrictions on state government, corporations, or citizens.

So I'm wondering if Conxion really challenged your First Amendment rights, or instead challenged what you believed was a "fair" use of the internet as a publishing medium.

First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."