Re: First Amendment Silliness

Author:Len MacDonell
Posted:4/13/2000; 2:23:48 PM
Topic:First Amendment

Oh sorry, I thought my name was in the header, It's Len MacDonell. We've corresponded on a few occasions.

The stupid letter is probably the best thing to happen to you and confirms my guess that it was PacBell "frame cloud" that is the source of most of your pain. In the old days the PB engineers would explain to me that one of my T1's wired from Los Angeles to San Diego would all of a sudden be routed through Colorado with Frame transport protocols below TCP. We would lose customers in droves every time these screw-ups would occur which were quite regularly.

I sent you a letter a bit ago, describing that you lease a copper point to point T1 line from MCI/Worldcom (20 percent discount from PacBell on their equipment and installed by PacBell) for the local loop and pay about $10 for a cross connect right into your server/rack at Exodus. You can even set up a VPN (Virtual Private Network) between your home and Exodus, you won't even know servers aren't in the next room with a 6 millisecond latency. Your web application serving currently is quite sluggish and performance could be substantially improved by getting out of the frame cloud. Absolutely don't take the advice of the "stupid letter" and simply switch ISPs to another into the same cloud, you'd be just asking for more pain.

Although the outlook for the market is good for later in the year be prepared for a larger setback right now even with the bluest of bluechips. We repackage a weekly column for CBS at http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/current/moses.htx looking to bring XML into the picture.

My interest here has been with using a browser as a writing tool which I've been doing for a couple of years with Cold Fusion and now a great editor eWEBEDITPRO from http://www.ektron.com/. You're Manila software is quickly catching up and perhaps is/will surpass what i'm doing with NT/MS SQL/Cold Fusion/eWEBEdit.

Len MacDonell CTO MarketBUG.com, LLC President/CTO quarx.com, Inc.