Re: Deepleap

Author:Dru Oja Jay
Posted:4/15/2000; 7:11:30 AM
Topic:Deepleap

Deepleap isn't just bookmarks. Hell, that's the least of what it does.

From what I understand, it's a long overdue contextual information service. When you're on a web page, you can easily email selected text, get a dictionary definition for it, send it as email, or a bunch of other things.

It's all listed here.

All the stuff that could have been built into the browser if Microsoft or Netscape actually has a clue how to 'innovate'. It makes more sense to do it this way, though, because naturally, NS or MS wouldn't have made it open, and we'd be locked in to some crappy proprietary version.

That neat little what's related pull down menu that never has anything interesting in it was Netscape's feeble attmept at doing what Deepleap does much more completely (caveat: I haven't tried it, but the feature list looks yummy).

-Dru
misnomer