Re: ArsDigita University

Author:Paul McJones
Posted:4/16/2000; 9:06:02 PM
Topic:Re: ArsDigita University

"Let's lose the arrogance." I can dig it. I've alternated between academic research and product development since 1967, and I've found arrogance wherever I went -- some of the people with the most to contribute intellectually seem to believe that excuses them from the need to display the good manners they were supposed to have learned in kindergarten.

As I understand it, whether or not this state of affairs applies to any particular person is not a suitable topic for discussion here. I will just say that I read Greenspun's book, plus the last 4 years of DaveNet and Scripting News, and from each I've learned a number of interesting and useful things about building active web sites, to say nothing of lots of interesting opinions about a wide variety of other subjects.