monetizing disk use for gems

Author:Phil Wolff
Posted:4/17/2000; 6:46:35 AM
Topic:monetizing disk use for gems

thanks for the gems, dave. when i had tools (http://dijest.editthispage.com/tools/pm) or documents to share, i hosted them elsewhere, and will until i can use 20-50 mb of disk. they tend to be in the range of 10-100kb and 1-5Mb.

I forked over 20 bucks to yahoo for 20 mb more disk capacity per year for my email account. first 3 mb free.

http://bigdisk.com, http://freedisk.com, http://superdrive.com, http://idrive.com, http://xdrive.com offer similar services: free for basic service (varies a lot) and upgrade options for capacity or for differentiated features.

this means providing a capacity big enough so people commit to using it (at least 10 times over at least 2 months, or something like that) and low enough that they run into the ceiling while still motivated.

dedicated, power users (business class and enthusiast) fund tire kicking (marketing) and newbies (developing future power users).

phil <http://dijest.editthispage.com>