Re: If you had to spend $5K by Friday...

Author:Tom Donovan
Posted:4/19/2000; 2:55:18 PM
Topic:If you had to spend $5K by Friday...

I'd buy an iMac DV, a DV-to-analog converter, and a decent DV camcorder.

The camcorder (at least the Canon Ultura my district owns) will record stills to the tape, so it can be used just like a digital still camera. And you get amazing video that, in combination with iMovie on the Mac, can be imported to disk and edited with ease. After editing, it can be saved as a QuickTime movie at various sizes/qualities, exported right back to the DV tape, or, with the converter, to plain old analog video.