Follow-up: If you had to spend $5K by Friday...

Author:David Carter-Tod
Posted:4/20/2000; 8:42:39 AM
Topic:If you had to spend $5K by Friday...

Thanks for all the ideas.

I hadn't considered getting a Mac, although that's where I took off in computing. We're a Windows shop, but our network admin seems open to the idea. The question is whether I want to keep track of updates etc on another OS. Tempting as it is, I'm not sure I have the energy...

It's hard to justify Digital Video production, because in theory we have someone to do that (in theory because it's one of those departments which are a black hole of information and support).

I'd love to get a chair, but it's not allowed - state regulations.

A really nice monitor is something I hadn't considered, but is definitely attractive -- I spend a ton of time in front of mine.

No software suggestions? Server-side? Little stuff that makes your life easier?

One idea I hadn't thought of (but that came to me last night) was a digital certificate for our server. Not sure when I'll need it, but definitely might. Any recommendations on where to get one?

Thanks

David