Re: Tools for writers

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:4/21/2000; 5:30:55 AM
Topic:Tools for writers

Re: why don´t writers have their special tools but instead use MS.

BTW, I asked why writers don't have their own companies, not tools. There's a difference. Microsoft makes horizontal products, with the broadest possible appeal, by design. The number of professional writers is much lower than the total number of computer users. But it seems to me that there are enough writers to have a company that just catered to their needs. So why doesn't such a company exist? And remember that Macromedia and Adobe do exist in any theories you form.

BTW, if there were such a thing, this would be the first homework assignment in Dave Winer University. ";->"