Re: Why do artists have their own software companies?

Author:David Carter-Tod
Posted:4/21/2000; 6:36:37 AM
Topic:Why do artists have their own software companies?

1. A tool that makes writers happy on the front end. 2. A tool that makes the editors and reviewers happy in the middle. 3. A tool that lets you publish to the web 4. A tool that makes the press guys happy on the back end.

So far, Frontier is great at 1 and 3. It looks like Manilla is sorta there for 2. If we can just get an app to do 4 from our favorite outliner, we'll all be happy campers!

People new to Frontier, and even those not, often forget that it's a great scripting environment with existing tools for connecting to other apps. Specifically, there are a number of tools for connecting to QuarkXPress, e.g. http://www.macrobyte.net/autotools/features/ and the Mac Glue for any scriptable apps (see system.verbs.apps in Frontier).

David