Re: Email to Brian Behlendorf

Author:John Jensen
Posted:4/25/2000; 7:34:14 AM
Topic:Email to Brian Behlendorf

Well, I'd normally agree with you, but there's something going on that they don't know about. We're in a position to help each other if they would just take a look. I wouldn't be me if I didn't make an effort to point it out. And it would be a shame if we all cede yet another incredible market to Microsoft, because we didn't listen to each other.

But some of them do understand, and to make decisions to allow open source and commercial software to work together. Consider the history of the LGPL, why Gnome chose it, why Richard Stallman would now rename it, and why it continues to used in new projects.