Time for ZopeFish?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:4/25/2000; 8:14:51 AM
Topic:Email to Brian Behlendorf

Man o man, Apache hooks for Pike would be a GREAT idea!!

Right on Ken. We could do it, then I could invite Brian over for a demo, and show him what it can do. That, I believe, will get his juices flowing. Brian is a very smart guy with a great twinkle in his eye. He gets charged up over new stuff. I watched him probe a few people, including me, in Phoenix. I could sell him.

What we need is ZopeFish. Connect Pike up with an easy CMS hooked into Apache. I could design a small set of functionality that would make the idea work for the OSS people. They would get excited, not about us (I don't expect that) but about the idea of easy seamless tools for web content.

Another potential partner is MonkeyFist. They're doing excellent work. Kendall, would you like to use higher-level tools? Maybe you already do? This could be a way to gain higher exposure for your site, and also to continue the work you and others started with Casbah.

I'm willing to work with other developers to get a process started, and will bow-out when it's clear that they know how to proceed past a demo. Or if it's not Zope or MonkeyFist, let's use PHP or the ASP stuff that Cobalt just bought. We just need one really good XML-RPC content environment that runs well with Apache. That's the demo I want to do for Brian and Tim and anyone else who cares.