Re: Playing with ZopeFish

Author:David Brown
Posted:4/25/2000; 10:48:35 AM
Topic:Email to Brian Behlendorf

Cool... Get into it and start digging. I need people that understand things like the Zope security model. I'm getting better at programming for the Zope management interface, and want to make ZopeFish be more like Zope for site managers (who will probably be more familiar with Zope if they're running ZopeFish, although that's not always the case), but I also want to provide as much of the "through the web" maintenance that Manila does.

The danger is to do something so that it can only be managed in one place or the other. I want to minimize this.

It's cool that I have a few people that are looking at the code, and, like Nicholas, are helping me identify the problems. But I would really like to get some people going in taking the code in new directions.

I once wrote a scripting environment for a company I used to work for. The experience was very cool, but the best part was seeing people take the system in directions that I hadn't anticipated.

That's what I want to happen with ZopeFish.

It's a vision thing.