Re: Time for ZopeFish?

Author:André Radke
Posted:4/25/2000; 11:13:34 AM
Topic:Email to Brian Behlendorf

Andre, please dive into this and come up with a concise statement and post it here.

Frontier's (Pike's) XML compiler doesn't decode '>' to '>'. As I understand the XML 1.0 spec, this is indeed a bug. We are free to encode '>' as '>' or not -- but we must decode '>' to '>'. This looks like a safe fix -- I don't see how it could break existing scripts.

In addition to the tags listed in the XML-RPC spec, Frontier currently accepts , , and tags as input. Of these, it only generates as output. I think Frontier should use in those cases were it's currently using . Since there may be Frontier scripts out there that rely on these additional tags, Frontier should continue to accept these additional tags as input though.