Re: Email to Brian Behlendorf

Author:John Styles
Posted:4/26/2000; 10:12:07 AM
Topic:Email to Brian Behlendorf

You have got my point exactly and have told me what I wanted to know: 'Frontier is a web application environment'.

If you didn't see Frontier as one of these, I would feel unhappy using it as such.

The front page of www.userland.com says, inter alia, "Frontier is a HTTP server, programming, database and XML environment used to build and publish big-content news-oriented sites that are easy to manage, for developers, writers and designers."

To me this is not quite the same thing, so I am glad for your clarification.

What do you see the limits of Frontier as a web application environment / server, would it be within intended parameters for it to be used as the tool for a fully fledged 'thin client' application, using the ODB to store user information and writing the business logic in UserScript?