Re: dhtml hierarchical menus - already done!

Author:Jake Savin
Posted:4/26/2000; 4:31:01 PM
Topic:dhtml hierarchical menus - already done!

Dave & Jake, if you're going to roll out DHTML menus, please either make them optional or (if possible) make them format a little better in non-CSS browsers.

I'm aware that this is a problem. My intention is to use server-side browser detection to decide whether to send you DHTML menus or not. This is what we do with Manila's HTML editor.

I'm also planning on using this technique to send either a Netscape-compatible version, or an IE-compatible version, if it turns out that it's necessary to have more than one version of the menu code.

The demo site on Edit This Page currently assumes you're running a compatible browser (IE5, Mac and Win).