Warchild - How did we do that?

Author:peliasberg@agency.com
Posted:5/3/2000; 2:12:26 AM
Topic:Warchild - How did they do that?

Thanks for the kind words and YES, the IE5 bug has got our attention. I'm not the dhtml wizard myself (I don't speek it yet but do understand it): the 'floater' was built by my colleague Karo (Blazenko Karesin) and the page uses a heavily modified dynlayer utility, a crossbrowser-dhtml utility by Dan Steinman of Industrial Dreams 1998; available at the dynamic duo http://www.dansteinman.com/dynduo/.

In earlier implementations there also was the possibility to drag the menu (we had three filled columns then) but the menu covering text no matter where you placed the menu proved to be very irritating. Also the expand-submenus-on-mouseover has been disregarded.

See http://www.nmn.nl/ for another implementation of the floater. Also in Dutch :-(

Paul