xml-rpd?

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:5/8/2000; 8:59:20 AM
Topic:xml-rpd?

Just wondering. Is there any kind of companion spec for servers? Like xml-rpd? (Remote procedure Definition). Meaning is there any kind of spec for folks who want to wire up / enable rpc on their servers, but want to use a standards-based way of doing it?

Say I wanted to implement a calendar on the server which talked xml-rpc. I want to be able to create this "something" which say used perl. I want then to be able to send this code to say a python person, who all they have to do is rip out the little perl components and replace them with python, and have essentially the same exact component.