Re: Alternate approach (was Re: Firewalls, Hooray)

Author:Sam Yates

I'm sure you and Nicholasare right about the IP address vs domain name thing.

I didn't actually try this or anything, but even if "localhost" worked everywhere, it might be a fraction less efficient than simply putting the IP address in.

It makes me smile about "smart" web browser when they do something like turn the address into "www.localhost.com". What's really funny (although not surprising) is that some enterprising soul has registered that domain name. What's surprising is that it is not more plastered with ads.